On the Shades Shutters Blinds Blog, we don’t just write about blinds and shades. We also want to provide “At Home” insights for your everyday life, from recipes to redecorating ideas. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, here’s a great recipe for sugar cookies we discovered from one of our Shades Shutters Blinds experts! It’s easy, fast and most importantly, delicious!
You will need:
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
2 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. Cream together shortening, sugar, egg, vanilla and almond extract.
2. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
3. Roll dough into 1″ balls.
4. Place 2″ apart on cookie sheet.
5. Grease the bottom of a small glass, dip in sugar and lightly flatten each cookie.
Bake 8 – 10 minutes at 325-350 degrees. Makes 3-4 dozen cookies.
There you have it! Delicious sugar cookies to share with your significant other! And we won’t make you tell your special someone that you got the recipe from us, we promise!