Your master bedroom is your sanctuary. But what do you do if your sanctuary needs a bit of redecorating and the budget is tight? Here are a few tips to help you get started with your budget driven redecoration project.
1. Determine what’s most important – Before you rush out to the store and start buying out the bedding aisle, take a moment to determine what is most important to you in this project. Do you want to clear out the cluttered look? Do you want to make a statement with your walls? Are you looking to transform your bed or windows? What is main thing you want to change about your room? Once you know that, you can plan and shop with purpose.
2. Consider color – As you plan, decide what colors you want to put in your room. This will help you narrow down your purchases later. If the item you found won’t fit in the color scheme, you don’t need to buy it.
3. Redo your fabrics – Changing the fabrics in the room can drastically alter the look. Buy a new set of sheets on clearance or change out those old drapes for plantation shutters. Incorporate your new purchases into the room and watch the transformation.
4. Paint – Another inexpensive solution is to repaint the room. You can give your room a fresh, new feeling with a clean coat of paint. You might also want to consider painting an accent wall or putting up a decorative border to add interest.
5. De-clutter – One of the best ways to transform your bedroom is also free: clear out the clutter.
De-cluttering is great for the body and mind. Some decide to use mobile storage solutions so they can totally empty their bedroom and have the option to go through it at a later date. Clutter can quickly kill that feeling of tranquility most people seek in their bedroom. Get rid of the things you no longer need so you can have room to enjoy your space again. We got rid of an old mattress and bought a new memory foam mattress, it’s great! When we bought our new mattress, we were worrying about what we would do with the old one, but we contacted a junk removal company and they got rid of it for us! It was so easy!
6. Change the lighting – If you’ve been living with musty old drapes that were pulled shut all the time, simply taking those down and letting the light in can dramatically change your room. How about a cellular shade instead? With dozens of different colors and styles available, its easy to find the perfect one to match your decor.