It’s that time of year again! Here’s wishing you the happiest holiday season with family and friends! And in honor of this special time of year, we’ve shared one of our favorite recipes with you:
Cherry Spice-Cake Trifle!
1. Prepare Filling: Bring first 3 ingredients and 3 cups cranberries to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low, and boil, stirring often, 5 to 6 minutes or until berries begin to pop. Remove from heat, and stir in remaining 1 cup cranberries. Transfer mixture to a bowl; cool completely (about 30 minutes). Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
2. Meanwhile, prepare Custard. Whisk together brown sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a large heavy saucepan; whisk in milk and 1 1/2 cups cream. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Boil 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat.
3. Whisk in butter and next 3 ingredients. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl, and place plastic wrap directly on mixture (to prevent a film from forming). Cool completely (about 30 minutes). Chill 8 to 24 hours.
4. Assemble trifle. Layer about one-third of cake cubes in a 4-qt. bowl. Top with one-third each cranberry filling and custard. Repeat layers twice.
5. Prepare Topping: Beat vanilla extract and 2 cups heavy cream at medium-high speed until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Dollop over trifle. Serve immediately, or chill up to 8 hours.
And don’t forget, for a very limited time, shop our Christmas sale and save 33% on your order!