Want to redecorate this summer, but don’t know how? Would a $250 gift card from Shades, Shutters, and Blinds help you get motivated?
Get inspired by participating in our “Pin It to Win It” contest, starting this Friday! For all the fun details, “like” us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter! The contest runs from May 24th through July 7th, 2013.
Want to redecorate this summer, but don’t know where to start? Would a $250 gift card from Shades, Shutters, and Blinds help you get motivated? Get inspired by participating in our “Pin It to Win It” contest, starting this Friday! For all the fun details, “like” us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter!
Winning a $250 gift card has never been so fun – and easy!
1) Follow us on Pinterest and “pin” your favorite window covering look*,
2) Input #WinShadesShutters in the picture’s “comment” section,
3) “Like” us on Facebook and earn an extra entry!…
Read more →
Summertime is finally here, and along with the season’s picnics, fresh produce and longer daylight hours comes one menace – the intense heat of the sun.
Not only does heat make you uncomfortable, it drives up energy bills and can cause your furniture to fade prematurely. Fortunately, there are plenty of tips and tricks to help you beat the heat, and enjoy a lazy summer.
1) Blind Mother Nature – with blinds. Shades of any style can help drown out the sun, but opt for lighter colors and larger slats for the best protection.
2) Close your blinds backwards – if you close them blade-side up, you will keep more sunlight (and heat) out.
3) Film your windows – window film is available at most major retailers, and can cut radiant heat up to 70%!
4) Start from the outside – plant large shade trees in a strategic location which will shade your home in… shade!…
Read more →
Thousands of American’s have trouble sleeping, some of them nearly every single night. Many turn to special radios that allow for the crashing of waves or the chattering of birds. Others turn to special adhesive strips and apparatuses to open their airways and allow for more relaxed breathing. And still others turn to drugs and medications which can potentially become addictive. One of the biggest culprits effecting sleep is the amount of light that can get in through windows while we try to sleep. Blackout shades allow for completely darkened rooms, enhancing one’s ability to fall asleep and stay asleep longer.
Conventional blinds allow for light to seep in through cracks, this creates distracting light patterns and shadows on walls which make it difficult to fall asleep. Once asleep these light patterns can also arouse one from sleeping, interrupting the sleep cycle and disallowing one to feel rested as they wake.…
Read more →
Spring is finally here! We throw open our windows and revel in the beauty of this season, which is synonymous with an annual deep cleaning of our homes. And, despite the fact that we admire nature’s wonder through our windows, many neglect the coverings that adorn these fixtures.
Owners of cellular shades might be fearful of washing them due to their dainty structure. However, keeping these delicate window coverings clean allows them to bring an extra pop of “wow” into your home for many years to come.
Below you will find some helpful tips for keeping your honeycomb shades stunning:
1) Always use a white lint-free washcloth. Colored washcloths can bleed onto your shades, adding unwanted tones.
2) Dampening your wash cloth with warm water is the preferred method for cleaning cellular shades. However, if you have to use a detergent be sure that it is gentle and clear. Detergent that you use on your clothing should do the trick, but again, make sure that it is free of colors.…
Read more →
The only thing that is possibly more beautiful than our window coverings is our new website!
We are happy to part the curtains and unveil our new site, which features countless updates to the aesthetic, technical, and product aspects of our homepage.
Our internal team spent countless hours redesigning the look and feel of the website, and we are confident that our valued customers will enjoy shopping on our new site!
In the future, we will showcase our new products, including new designs and sizes of the quality window coverings you have come to expect from us. Be sure to come back frequently to see what new exciting and innovative shades, shutters, and blinds we have for your home decorating needs.
We hope you enjoy the new ShadesShuttersBlinds.com, and value your feedback!
Please be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest! We will be unveiling a “Pin it to Win it” promotion in the near future, and cannot wait to see your submissions!…
Read more →